Heatshield Armor Tape
Heat Shield Foil Tape
Reflect heat away
Also used to seal and repair Heatshield Armor and HP Sticky Shield
Made in the USA
Heatshield Armor Tape™ is used to repair Heatshield Armor or HP Sticky Shield™. It may also be used on tight seams of Heatshield Armor as a cosmetic improvement, and can be added to the ends of the exposed insulation of HP Sticky Shield™ to further protect from the elements and extend the product’s life. Heatshield Armor Tape™ can be used to shield radiant heat from components. The heavy-duty peel-and-stick adhesive is an exhaust tape wrap that will adhere to most clean surfaces.Tape Armor is not intended to hold Heatshield Armor in place; it should only be used on the cold side of insulation for cosmetic reasons.
Heatshield Armor Weld Tape Installation Tips:
- Cuts easily with heavy scissors or utility knife
- Heatshield Armor Weld Tape is intended to be applied on the cold side of panel or component, i.e. it is not intended to direct contact with heat source
- Heavy duty scissors or utility knife
- Carburetor cleaner or other degreaser
- Pre-paint cleaner or other non residue cleaner
- Panel or component surface temperature should be at least 65°F, sticking onto anything colder may not allow adhesive to set up properly.
- Degrease and clean surface any residual dirt, grease, or chemicals, use carburetor spray or other cleaner/degreaser.
- We strongly recommend rubbing the surface with a pre-paint cleaner or isopropyl alcohol (or other non-residue cleaner) after cleaning and degreasing.
- Carefully peel the adhesive backing off the Heatshield Armor Weld Tape.
- Press the Heatshield Armor Weld Tape firmly onto surface.
- If you are using Heatshield Armor Weld Tape to seam Heatshield Armor or edge HP Sticky Shield, clean the top and side edges of the Heatshield Armor and Sticky Shield with the pre-paint cleaner or isopropyl alcohol.
- Trim tape to fit the shield
- It is important to do one edge/seam at a time on the tape
- Peel adhesive backing off tape, press and firmly hold in place for 2 minutes
MSDS | Specification Sheet | Brochure
Insulation Type: Radiant heat
Not intended for use directly on exhaust system
Base material: Aluminum
Q. Does the Heatshield Weld Tape hold Heatshield armor in place?
A. No, the weld tape is used on the seams and edges. It is not design to hold the Armor in its place, the wide Thermal Ties are used to hold Heatshield Armor in its place.
Q. Can I use the Weld Tape directly on the exhaust?
A. No, Armor Weld Tape is a thermal barrier, it will not work directly on a heat source. Installing directly on an exhaust system may result in the adhesive backing catching on fire..
Q. Why do you recommend we wipe the top of the Sticky Shield before using Weld Tape on the top of it?
A. The foil on the Sticky Shield has a coating for manufacturing purposes and during installation grease and dirt can also affect the Weld tapes bonding capability. Wiping with a pre-paint cleaner ensures it is sticking to a clean surface.