Industrial Heat Shield Tape
Industrial Heat Shield Tape - Thermaflect Tape
Continuous operating reflective temperature of 1100°F, 2000°F intermittent
Capable of reducing up to 90% of radiant heat
Adhesive backing sticks to almost any clean surface
Bulk rolls and custom widths available, minimums apply
Made in the USA
Wrap and reflect up to 90% of radiant heat away with this thermo shield tape! Thermaflect Tape is excellent as a quick "on the go" solution to heat problems, as it can shield without disassembly. Our heat shield tape is a must have for your tool box when conducting on equipment repairs. you can quickly shield wires, lines, and hoses without stopping production! Durable cloth construction makes it longer lasting and more rugged than similar products. This reflective heat wrap tape withstands 1100° Fahrenheit continuous radiant heat (requires minimum of 1” of airspace) and 500-degrees Fahrenheit of direct contact. The reflective heat shield tape cuts easily and installation is simple with our high temperature self-adhesive backing that sticks to any CLEAN surface. Wider heat shield tape rolls available up to 150’ long, minimums will apply.
- Cuts easily with heavy scissors or utility knife
- Thermaflect Tape is intended to be applied on the cold side of panel or component, i.e. it is not intended to direct contact with heat source
- Should only be applied when Thermaflect Tape and component are above 65°F, so adhesive makes good contact and cures properly
- Adhesive backing sticks to almost any clean surface (not recommended for rough or unfinished fiberglass/carbon, or wood)
- Degrease and clean surface any residual dirt, grease, or chemicals, use carburetor spray or other cleaner/degreaser.
- We strongly recommend rubbing the surface with a pre-paint cleaner or isopropyl alcohol (or other non-residue cleaner) after cleaning and degreasing.
- Carefully peel the adhesive backing off the Thermaflect Tape stick and go!
MSDS | Specification Sheet | Brochure | Brochure (printer friendly)
Insulation type: Heat shield barrier, designed to shield radiant heat away
Base material: Fiberglass, aluminum
Q. Can I use Thermaflect Tape directly on the exhaust system?
A. No, Thermaflect Tape is a radiant heat shield, the adhesive should be stuck on the cold side, not directly on the heat source.
Q. Why don't you recommend Thermaflect Tape for rough unfinished fiberglass or carbon?
A. Self adhesives are not capable of filling in the small gaps, valleys and indentations of unfinished non smooth surfaces. This significantly reduces the performance of the adhesive backing. Spray adhesives are more capable of filling in these surface imperfections.