Lava Boot Shields
Lava Boot - Volcanic Spark Plug Boot Heat Shield
Withstands 1200°F continuous, 2000°F intermittent
Reflects and dissipates heat
Expands and stretches over irregular surfaces
Soft, very flexible, easy to handle and install
Designed for LS and regular applications
Wall Thickness Over 0.050”
Made in USA
Heatshield Products Lava Boot Shields™ feature a no-fray cuff with a flexible dual wall high-temperature basalt sleeving with a 1,200-degree F working temperature that prevents plug and wire burnout even in the most demanding ambient heat applications. Lava Boot Shields™ help eliminate misfires caused by plug-wire and spark plug boot heatshield burnout, helping prevent critical engine damage and loss in performance from a cylinder not firing. In addition, Lava Boot Shields™ protect your wires and boots from being damaged by excessive engine and exhaust heat. The universal design fits most boot sizes and angles, including 90-degree boots. We have standard sizes, which are a great fit for most engine applications, and our 8-inch-long 1-1/4-inch internal diameter Lava Boot Shields are great for LS engines.
Installing Spark Plug Boot heat Shield
- Always wear safety glasses, dust mask, and gloves when handling this product. Basalt Fibers may cause temporary skin and eye irritation
- Slide the open side of the Lava or Insul Boot onto the spark plug boot first (Figure 1)
- Slide Lava or Insul Boot and spark plug boot onto the spark plug, press firmly to make sure contact is made (Figure 2)
- The rings side of the Lava or Insul Boot should rest between the cylinder head, and tip of spark plug boot. This prevents the Lava or Insul Boot from walking up the plug wire, allowing for burnout (Figure 3)
- PRO TIP: For LS Motors, it may be necessary to remove the factory metal shield around the plug boot.
MSDS | Specification Sheet | Brochure
More information coming soon!